Kids Dentistry in Baton Rouge, LA
There’s a reason “family” is in our name! At Jones Creek Family Dentistry, we love taking care of both adults and children, and we welcome your family to visit us for dental care. Rather than shuttling around town for separate appointments at individual doctors, you can bring the whole gang to our family-friendly dental office!
Don’t forget that another important first in a child’s life is their first dental check-up. It’s easy to remember when this should happen because it’s either when they get their first tooth or when they have their first birthday. If your child is older and still hasn’t seen the dentist, don’t worry — just bring them in as soon as you can! No matter your age, regular visits to the dentist are a must for a lifetime of healthy smiles.Make an Appointment
Kids Dental Care
We provide preventive and restorative dental treatments for infants all the way up to teens. In addition to routine cleanings, check-ups, and X-rays, we provide sealants and fillings (to protect against decay), fluoride treatments (to strengthen teeth), and mouthguards (to wear during sports). We also offer dental crowns, extractions, and root canal therapy. Our team can provide at-home care instruction and nutritional advice to make sure your child’s dental health stays in tip-top shape.
How to Make Your Child’s Dental Visit a Success
We don’t want your kid to spend years avoiding the dentist because they had a bad experience when they were younger. Here are some helpful tips to make sure your child’s dental appointment goes off without a hitch:
- Look into books, crafts, and apps that deal with dental care so your child understands why it’s important to take care of their teeth.
- Be a good role model and always talk about the dentist in a positive light. Definitely avoid using the word “pain”!
- Stop by our practice ahead of time for a meet and greet. We can show your child around the office and have them meet the staff so when their actual appointment comes around it won’t seem so unfamiliar.
- Consider the time of your child’s appointment. Many young children are more cooperative in the morning, and you’ll want to avoid bringing them in when they’ll be tired or hungry.
- Show your kid the toys and games in our office. We have these around specifically so children can stay entertained and feel at ease.
Safe Nitrous Sedation
Nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, is a mild, safe sedative agent that can help nervous, anxious, or scared children get through their dental appointments with ease. To administer the gas, we’ll place a small mask over your child’s nose and ask them to breathe in and out through their nose. As the nitrous oxide takes effect, your child will remain awake but become more and more relaxed. They’ll be able to respond to instructions and answer any questions. When we stop administering the gas, it takes just a few minutes for the effects to wear off and for your child to feel back to normal.Contact Us